As someone who loves to decorate (and redecorate) her house, this week I thought I would share some tips on how to create a gallery wall.
There are multiple ways to design a gallery wall, but here are some of my favorites. Let me know in the comments section, if you have any other ideas to add.
1. Start with one piece of art and build from that. This is often a bigger statement piece, but it could just be your favorite piece of art.
2. If you want to go for a particularly clean gallery look, use frames that are all the same color. Or if you prefer a more eclectic look, mix in different styles and colors of frames.
3. Lay your artwork down on the floor and practice arranging it. You can even take pictures with your phone to help you decide what arrangement you like best.
4. If you are a graphic design pro, you could lay it out in InDesign, or whatever program you like. It might be more time consuming, but if you are very particular, this is a good option.
5. Another option is to use painters tape to outline the art on your wall. This will give you a good idea about how the frames fit together, but you won’t get the visual element of how the art mixes.
6. Make your significant other, roommate or Mom hold up the art in your desired location. (This requires a patient significant other, roommate or Mom.)
7. Get out the hammer, nails, a pencil and a level. It’s time to hang some art! Remember, you can always fill those nail holes later if you change your mind.
Below I have shared some photos of the galley wall in my living room, as well as a link to a beautiful home featured on Design*Sponge with its gallery game on point.